Xiaomi has filed quite a few patents for foldable phones this year. Recently, we saw the Xiaomi Mi Mix Flip with a clamshell folding design while the Mi Mix Fold was already in the works, and now, a new patent has appeared online for a unique folding device. The patent has the Xiaomi Mi Fold foldable smartphone, and it has been rendered in the form of concepts, thanks to LetsGoDigital.
Last year, Xiaomi patented a design with the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA). The patent document was released yesterday and showcases multiple documents describing the design. The images from these documents have been rendered and it shows a foldable phone with an endless screen that goes around the sides to the front.
In the past, we have seen something similar from Huawei with its Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone. But unlike the Mate Xs’ outward folding design, Xiaomi’s Mi Fold has an inward folding design. It has thin sides with overall a thicker form factor.
It also has a vertical frame on one side that has all the buttons and connectors. The phone also features a speaker setup, a microphone, and a SIM-card tray on the upper side. At the bottom, it has the USB Type-C connector.
As of now, there’s no word from the company about the unique foldable phone. But, we can expect to hear more about a Mi foldable later this year. It’s possible that a Mi Mix Flip and Mi Mix Fold could launch this year.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →