Learn Sketching, Part Modelling, Assembly, Drawings, Rendering, Animation, and Modelling From Photographs.
This is the ultimate hands-on Solidworks course. All you need to know to become a confident and skillful user and become ready to employ your skills in an industry environment. The course starts from scratching through creating 3D objects, assembly and drawing creation, rendering, and animation to modeling from the picture. Basically, it covers the full process of model creation to the final stage of presenting a model with real-life images or animation videos. Upon completion, you’ll be able to carry Solidworks in your hands safely and autonomously.
Solidworks is the most popular design tool for creating 3D products and technical drawings. Millions of people use it to design anything from 3D-printed toys up to mechanical vehicles, heavy machines, and different everyday life products.
What this course cover?
1. How to get around in Solidworks application and how to create a Solidworks file. The next step is sketching, where are explained sketch tools (Line, Circle, Rectangle, Slot, Spline, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Linear and circular sketch pattern, Convert and offset entities, Polygon…).
2. How to use those sketches to create a 3D model. All main tools for working with a 3D model are explained (Extruded Boss, Extruded Cut, Revolved Boss, Revolved Cut, Swept Boss, Lofted Boss, Hole Wizard, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Linear pattern, Rib, Draft, Shell…). As well as how to create a new plane, new coordinate system, how to calculate mass, volume, and center of mass.
3. How to use parts to create an assembly. How to define relations between parts in assembly using mates. All the basic mates (Coincident, concentric, parallel, perpendicular, distance, angle, tangent…), advanced mates (Width, Distance and Angle, Width, Profile center, Path mate, Symmetric…) and mechanical mates (Hinge, Cam, Gear, Screw…).
4. How to create engineering drawings. Different drawing views, how to put dimensions, and using symbols such as surface finish and welding. As well as how to create a Bill of Materials (BOM) table and much more.
5. How to model a product using a picture (.jpg file) to get as much realistic design as possible.
6. How to evaluate your model using Compare documents, Part reviewer, Measure, Symmetry check, Performance Evaluation…
7. How to create photorealistic images and how to create animation videos. It is explained how to set up a camera, lights, appearance, and scene. How to render a model and how to set up a Schedule rendering. As well as how to set up motors in animations video, how to change the appearance and position of the model in the animation video. And in the last lectures are shown how to create a walkthrough video.
What makes this course different?
1. It covers all the important tools and techniques necessary to become a competitive Solidworks user today.
2. Exercises after each chapter will build confidence in your skills.
3. No experience. This course will teach you from zero. You don’t need to have experience at all.
With this knowledge that you will gain here, you will be ready to dive into the industry environment and work on advanced design problems.
If you find that any of this would be beneficial for you and help you achieve your goals, ENROLL and begin your CAD journey!
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners and intermediate students
- Individuals interested in 3D modeling
- Individuals interested in a level up career in 3D modeling
What you’ll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to produce complex 3D CAD models confidently
Be ready to employ your skills in a real industry environment
Understand Solidworks in a wider context by creating a product from a sketch to video animation
Learn about sketching, part modeling, assembly creation, rendering, animation, evaluation tools, and modeling from photographs.
Solidworks 2016 software or newer version
Basic knowledge of Windows PC
No need for prior Solidworks experience
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →