Recently, Twitter introduced a new feature named Spaces, which is an audio chat room, taking on the likes of Clubhouse. Earlier this month, the feature was made available for users of the Twitter Android app.
However, the feature is not yet available for everyone and is limited to select countries. The company has now confirmed that it is aiming to make the Spaces live audio feature available to all of its users by April.
Twitter started testing the feature for Android with around 1,000 users in late February and started rolling it out to more users around the world earlier this month. The company has said that for now, Android users will not be able to host spaces but will be able to join and talk in spaces. It also added that support for host spaces for Android users is coming.
As noted above, the feature enables users to create public and private audio chat rooms on the microblogging platform. The feature was first announced in December last year but had been limited to iOS only and is now expanding to more users.
Twitter says that these are early days for Spaces and the first priority for the company is to build moderation. This is why it is taking a cautious approach to bringing more features.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →