In a recent blog post, Telegram shared how to migrate the chats from other social media Apps. The company, which has witnessed 100 million downloads in January, says users can import the chat including videos, documents. Currently, supported apps include WhatsApp, Line, and KakaoTalk.
To move a Chat across the App on Android/iOS, just press export Chats and select Telegram on the Share menu that appears. Precisely, you can follow the steps below:
- Android: Open the Donor App(eg. WhatsApp)-> Individual Chat/Group->tap ⋮ > More > Export Chat, then choose Telegram on Share Menu.
- iOS: Similarly, Open the WhatsApp->Contact Info/Group Info page in WhatsApp, tap Export Chat, then choose Telegram in the Share menu.
Note: In iOS, you can also export chats directly by swiping left on Chat->Export
As soon as you do this, the messages will get migrated to Telegram including Timestamps to the current day. This means the same User/Group, whose chat is migrated will be notified and can see the messages.
Telegram, which stores all the data in Cloud, saves Space too as you can delete the local storage(incl. Messages, Doc, Videos) and re-download it whenever needed.
Apart from the migration feature, Telegram’s new update also brings other improvements to Privacy. For instance, you can now delete groups, secret chats, and call history for everyone at the same time.
Other features like improved audio players, voice chats with volume controls for each chat, improved accessibility with TalkBack and VoiceOver, report fake channels/groups(Profile->tap ‘…’ > Report > Fake Account), Greeting stickers for new chats, and more.
Android users get better animations when downloading files, playing music, or loading chats. If we recall, the last update brought voice chats, with revamped animations and SD card support.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →