In this article, I will explain how to set up automatic replies in Gmail. The feature works by setting up a filter so that when certain conditions are met (such as when a specific person emails you), a message of your choosing is automatically sent back to that address.
Enable Templates for Automatic Email Replies in Gmail
To have Gmail automatically reply to emails using a template based on a set of criteria, you first have to enable templates in Gmail. Here’s how:
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account from your desktop web browser.
- Now click on the Settings Gear (⚙️), icon at the top right corner of the Gmail screen to open the Settings menu.
- Select See all settings near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Now on the Settings page, click on the Advanced.
- In the Templates section, select Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Save Changes.
Make a Template for Automatic Email Replies in Gmail
Now that you’ve enabled Templates, set up a template to use as your automatic reply.
- Select Compose in Gmail and compose the template you want to use for automatic replies. You can include a signature, but you don’t need to fill in the Subject or To fields.
- Select the More options icon (the three dots) at the bottom of the email.
- Select Templates from the options menu.
- Select Save draft as a template and then Save as a new template in the next two pop-up menus.
- Give the template a name and select Save.
Set Up Automatic Reply Filter in Gmail
To apply the template you just made, you create a filter in Gmail that specifies the conditions under which you want your template to be sent automatically.
Select the search options arrow in the search box at the top of the Gmail screen.
Define the criteria for the automatic reply filter. It can be a name, subject, or any of the other fields in the form. Then, select Create filter.
Place a checkmark in front of Send template.
- Select the drop-down menu next to Send Template and choose the name you gave to your template for automatic replies. If you’ve only made one template, there is only one option.
- Select Create Filter.
- Go to Gmail’s Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses where the new filter is stored. Check it to apply it automatically to any incoming email that matches your criteria, then select Save Changes.
That’s all on How to Set Up Auto Reply Messages in Gmail. Now, if an email matches the criteria you have set, the auto-reply message will be forwarded.
Are you still confused about the whole process? Leave a comment below and we will reply to you immediately.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →