Want to know the code for checking Airtel phone number in Nigeria? In this post, I’ll explain several easy steps you can follow to check your Airtel phone number.
Every day we meet people who we need to quickly exchange phone numbers with. In a case where both parties can’t recollect what their phone numbers are, then, one person at least needs to know how to quickly check it.Since you’re an Airtel customer, you need not worry. The network provides several ways to easily know your mobile number.Airtel is one of the most popular mobile network providers in Nigeria, boasting millions of customers who use their lines to perform one function or the other.All networks in Nigeria provide their customers with 11-digit mobile numbers.In all sincerity, it’s not difficult at all to memorize eleven digits. However, if you make use of several mobile numbers from multiple network providers like me, then, you may forget your number sometimes.
3 Ways To Check Airtel Phone Number
Method 1: Using Code
- Dial *121# using the Airtel SIM card you forgot the phone number for
- Press 3 for “account info”
- Press 4 for “check my phone number”.
Alternatively, dial *121*9# or *282#. After completing the steps above the network will immediately send you a message containing your Airtel mobile phone number.
The method above is absolutely free of charge. In other words, you don’t have to pay anything to use it.
The method above works just fine, but keep reading to explore options.
Method 2: Send Call Me SMS
You can only use this method if you have someone around you who also uses Airtel.
The customary way would have been to call that person’s phone and watch the number that displays on the screen. But imagine that you don’t have airtime on your SIM, then this is the only option you have.
- Dial *140* your friend’s Number#.
- Check your friend’s phone to see the message that he/she receives.
Your phone number will be displayed along with the “Please call me back” message your friend receives.
Also, this method is absolutely free of charge.
Mehod 3: Call Airtel Customer Care
In the event that you at any time forget the code for executing the first two methods above, another way to check your Airtel phone number is by calling customer care.
- Dial 111 or 121 using your Airtel line.
- Press the option that says “Speak to a customer care representative”
- After the call connects, tell the customer care representative attending to you that you forgot your phone number.
Make sure you get a pen and paper to write down the phone number as the customer care representative calls it out.
You can also request that the customer care representative sends your number in the form of an SMS. With that, you’ll receive a message containing your 11-digit Airtel phone number as soon as you drop the call.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →