9mobile, formerly Etisalat, boasts millions of customers in Nigeria who use their lines at various degrees.
Typically, all networks in Nigeria provide their customers with 11-digit mobile numbers.
Although it’s not so difficult to memorize eleven digits, if you make use of several mobile numbers from multiple network providers like me, you may forget your number sometimes.
3 ways to check 9mobile phone number
Method 1: Using Code
- Dial *284# using the 9mobile SIM card you forgot the phone number for
- Wait for the network to sent you a notification containing your phone number.
The method above is absolutely free of charge. In other words, you don’t need to pay any fee.
Method 2: Send “call me back” SMS
You can also retrieve your phone number by sending “call me back” message. However, you can only use this method if you have someone around you who also uses 9mobile.
An easier option would have been to dial your friend’s line and watch the number that displays on the screen. But assuming that you don’t have airtime on your SIM, then, this is the only option you have.
- Dial *266*1*your friend’s number#
- Check your friend’s phone to see the message that he/she receives.
Your friend will receive a message from your phone number with the message “Please call me; Thank you”.
Also, you don’t need to pay anything to use this option.
Method 3: Call 9mobile Customer Care
- Dial 200 using your 9mobile line.
- Select the option that allows you to speak to a customer care representative.
- After the call connects, inform the customer care representative attending to you wish know your 9mobile phone number.
Make sure your pen and paper close, so you can write down the phone number as the customer care representative calls it out.
Alternatively, request that the customer care representative sends your number in the form of an SMS.