According to a Reuters report, the social media giant is rolling out these notifications before Apple, due to the potential harm that the new privacy updates might bring to Facebook’s advertising business. The new notification will arrive in the form of a full-screen prompt that would ask both Facebook and Instagram users to allow their apps and website to be used for personalized ads. The platform will even ask users to “support businesses that rely on ads to reach customers.”
For those unaware, the company is already fighting a public battle against the Cupertino based giant’s plan to ask its userbase whether they wish to allow apps to track their activity across other websites or even applications. Facebook has warned users that Apple’s notifications “suggest there is a tradeoff between personalized advertising and privacy.” Further adding that this move would hurt small businesses that rely on ads from their platform.
At the moment, it is unknown when exactly the new prompt will pop up on the two social media platforms, although, Apple is expected to roll out its privacy notifications soon. The brand stated that these prompts will start appearing on most iPhone models within the next few months. So stay tuned for more, as we will be providing more updates when additional information is available regarding the matter.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →