The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has officially launched the Web Service (MWS) Application, named the NIMC Mobile App, and the modified National Identification Number (NIN) Slip for public use, in an attempt to provide a safe and reliable identity for Nigerians. This is coming some weeks after the FG mandated all mobile phone users to Link their sim cards to their NIN.
The app and portal according to the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy provide a safe platform for all Nigerians and legal residents to conveniently verify and authenticate their identities on-the-go using smartphones. It also helps them to link their phone numbers to the NIN. The introduction of the App and other tools to help the National Identity Number (NIN) process aligns with the National Digital Economy Strategy for a Digital Nigeria.
The App provides an automated mechanism of harmonization that facilitates its use, to name a few, through other government services, including the NCC, the Federal Inland Revenue Service, the Federal Road Safety Commission, and the National Health Insurance Scheme.
Features of The NIMC Mobile APP
- Only you can decide what information you wish to share for verification.
- The App guarantee security, your data is encrypted at all times. You will always know who verified you, right within the app and you can lock it down with your biometrics.
- The app can be used to verify employees.
Requirements to Use The NIMC Mobile App
- Your Phone Number (This is the number you registered your NIN with).
- Your National Identification Number (NIN).
Note: Your NIN should not be confused with your BVN. The app has strictly warned that any BVN detected instead of a national identification number will result in the blacklisting of such profiles.
How to Get your original National ID Card Through Nimc Mobile App
- Download the NIMC Mobile app on Google Play or Apple App Store.
- After completing the installation, launch the app.
- On access, you will be requested to input your NIN, after which the phone number linked to your NIN will be partially displayed.
- You will receive an SMS containing the login credentials, e.g. “Your MWS Digital ID authentication credential. USER ID: AYLJXX-2379 OTP: 965860”.
- Now, wait for the system to generate encryption keys and verify your data.
- After verification, you will be required to set up a 4-6 passcode to the App.
- After successfully logging in to the app, click on “Show My ID” to display your id card in image format.
That’s all about How to Easily Activate your NIN Digital ID Card on NIMC Mobile App. If you have any questions, you can drop them in the comment box below!
Applied Ethical Hacking and Rules of Engagement
Content Marketing: Grow Your Business with Content Marketing
Shopify Guide: Start your own clothing brand with Shopify
News4 weeks ago
Redmi Note 10 series launched in Nigeria, starts at ₦77,500 (~$189)
How Tos4 weeks ago
How to Get Premium Files from Envato Elements for Free in 2021
Udemy2 weeks ago
Adobe Photoshop CC Fundamentals and Essentials Training
How Tos3 weeks ago
How to Get Canva Premium Life Time Account
Udemy2 weeks ago