Apple will be launching its next-generation smartphone — the iPhone 13 lineup later this year, most likely sticking to its usual launch cycle of unveiling new phones in the month of September. Ahead of the official announcement, details about the upcoming iPhones have started surfacing online.
As per the latest report coming from DigiTimes, the upcoming iPhone 13 is expected to come with improved Wi-Fi 6E support which is an extended version of the Wi-Fi 6 framework with the additional benefit of a 6GHz band.
The Cupertino-based tech giant upgraded from Wi-Fi 5 to Wi-Fi 6 with the iPhone 11 lineup in 2019, which offers significantly improved speeds and security. However, the Wi-Fi 6E brings minimal changes compared to Wi-Fi 6, except for an added 6GHz band. But it should result in increased bandwidth and less interference for devices.
The report also talks about the upcoming smartphone lineup from Apple adopting LiDAR sensor for the camera module across the lineup. Currently, the iPhone 12 series have a LiDAR sensor but only for the high-end Pro and Pro Max models.
While the company has not revealed anything about the iPhone 13 series, it is speculated that the devices will come with more advanced displays, improved cameras, and a smaller notch compared to the current model. We expect to know more about the phones in the coming weeks and months as the launch date nears.
- Realme GT Master Explorer vs Vivo iQOO 7 View Comparison →
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Pro 11 (2021) View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power View Comparison →
- Tecno Pova 2 vs Tecno Phantom X View Comparison →
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 5G vs OnePlus Nord View Comparison →
- Huawei P50 vs Huawei P50 Pro 4G View Comparison →